Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Satellite vs. DSL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Satellite vs. DSL

    Cable internet isn't available where I live now and the only two providers are satellite and DSL. I know a lot about DSL from working at Sykes, but don't know squat about satellite internet. Does anyone have any experience with it and can give me any pros and cons? Thanks!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Satellite vs. DSL

    Satellite internet is very expensive at first. Ive heard the setup could initially be around a couple hundred bucks. I know Dish Network has a satellite internet that is normally $45 a month for 1.5mbs. I would definately go with DSL.



    Btw....good to see ya back.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Satellite vs. DSL

    Pretty much what burton said all around. Good to see you again Mik.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Satellite vs. DSL

    If you ge it from DirectTv, you have a download limit as well...daily.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Satellite vs. DSL

    My experience with cable is you are better off not having access to it. I would just as soon have dial up. DSL has been the best for me so far.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Satellite vs. DSL

    I have satellite internet as it's the only option I have for high-speed internet where I live. I got it through Hughes Net and they have the option of not paying anything up front for installation. There is a download limit but I've been able to download games & music at the same time and not reach it. PM me if you need any more details.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •